About EBS High School
EBS Gymnasium (EBS High School) was established in 1997 and is a school that values confidence, empathy and entrepreneurship in every individual. Everything we do upholds our commitment to ensuring that our students leave us equipped with a knowledge of themselves and of their abilities as well as being ready to face with confidence the challenges of university life and beyond.
EBS Gymnasium is open to students who have completed an Estonian or foreign primary school. We have had foreign students from Russia, the United States, China, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Poland and Egypt.
Our core values:
- freedom and responsibility;
- creativity and entrepreneurship;
EBS Gymnasium’s mission is to provide relevant secondary and business education to entrepreneurial young people in an international environment.
EBS Gymnasium is an international high school whose graduates know what freedom and responsibility are, and who are creative, entrepreneurial and caring.
International class presents an exciting, challenging and fulfilling three years amid an ideal environment for international and local students who are willing to study 50% in English and 50% in Estonian. The class is an optimum size – we admit no more than 15 students each year. Tuition fee is 2990 euros per academic year. The fee includes all materials needed for study.
Academic study is important to us and we expect our students to achieve high standards. We are committed to offering a broadly-based education which follows the Estonian National Curriculum and allows our young people to discover their strengths. All subjects are taught in English by our highly intellectual yet cheerful teachers. As with all other students in Estonia, our international students are also expected to take Mathematics, English and Estonian (as a foreign language) as their leaving examinations.
Our school is focused on economic studies. During the three-year program, students learn intensively about micro- and macroeconomics, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing and management. The business and economic teachers are well-known Estonian business people and/or university lecturers.
By the time each student leaves EBS High School, they will have acquired the knowledge, skills and qualifications they need to build their own futures. EBS High School’s diploma will enable them to continue their studies at the university level. The school is well-suited for students who wish to continue their studies abroad. The academic environment, the use of British high school materials and a full-time native English-speaking teacher give students powerful tools with which to thrive in English-language degree programs abroad.
10 reasons to study at EBS Gymnasium:
- EBS Gymnasium is the only school in Estonia where you can acquire secondary education in English in accordance with the national curriculum.
- EBS Gymnasium provides in-depth economic and entrepreneurial studies, plus financing, marketing and management studies.
- Economic subjects are taught by specialists in the field, people who are well-known and recognized in the Estonian economic and banking sectors.
- There is a good academic atmosphere as EBS Gymnasium studies are held in the same building as EBS University.
- EBS Gymnasium provides in-depth teaching for the state exams. Preparation for the English state exam is particularly strong due to the all-English aspect of the curriculum.
- Graduates have the possibility to start their own businesses as they have passed the foundation course of creating a business plan and have experience in defending their business plan to the school committee.
- EBS high school graduates have good opportunities to continue their studies at EBS University or in EBS partner universities abroad.
- Very good level of teachers and state exam results, especially in English.
- Small classes and good relationships between fellow students and teachers.
- From EBS Gymnasium you will receive an entrepreneurial attitude, economic thinking and skills for the rational use of finances.