Library (1st floor, room 118)
Mon - Fri 10.00-18.00
Sat, Sun closed
Reading room (5th floor, room 501)
Mon - Fri 9.00-20.00
Series of exhibitions EBS 30 - history through alumni
EBS Library is a special library, serving EBS students, lecturers, staff and the alumni of EBS. The collection is developed according to the needs of study programs and scientific directions in management, entrepreneurship, economics, marketing, finance, etc. On January 1st 2017 the library collection holds 10,000 items (45,607 copies), incl 570 items available in e-versions and 45 periodical titles. 51% of the collection is in English, 46% in Estonian, 2% in Russian and 1% in other languages.
Post address: A. Lauteri 3, 10114 Tallinn, Estonia
Phone: +372 665 1307 - Library
Phone: +372 665 1308 - Reading room
Fax: +372 631 3959
E-catalogue is accessible through the Internet. We subscribe to business periodicals database ProQuest which permits access to 3,500 foreign periodicals’ full texts which contain articles on entrepreneurship, management, marketing and EBSCO databases which permits access to 21, 000 full texts on economics, social and humanitarian sciences. The databases are accessible also from outside the EBS local network, configuring the browser according to the instruction.
New users are registered in the library (1st floor, room 118). There is a special box for returned books near the library where students can leave their books out of opening hours of library and reading room.
Reference books, dictionaries, encyclopaedias, textbooks, Bachelor, Master and Doctor theses by EBS students as well as periodicals can be used only in the reading room (5th floor, room 501). Library services are provided on the basis of the library rules. Every year the library organises courses for the first year students to introduce them the library services, databases and other useful information.
On payment of a small fee the library also allows clients from outside EBS to borrow books, use the reading room, computers and the individual study room.
In the years 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2015 the library carried out the user study on the information needs of EBS lectures and students. The purpose of the studies was to identify the information needs of EBS lecturers and students, to obtain evaluations of books and periodicals, fields of acquisition, databases and to have suggestions for improving the library's fund and obtaining the necessary information resources. The analysis helped to focus the library’s development efforts, improve the acquisition policy and determine a marketing strategy.
The library has compiled the series of personal bibliographies of EBS rectors: "Madis Habakuke personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Madis Habakuk), "Olav Aarna personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Olav Aarna) and "Peeter Krossi personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Peeter Kross) and the series of personal bibliographies of EBS lecturers "Ruth Alase personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Ruth Alas), "Tiit Elenurme personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Tiit Elenurm), "Urmas Arumäe personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Urmas Arumäe) and the series of websites of EBS lecturers "Ruth Alase personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Ruth Alas) and "Madis Habakuke personaalnimestik" (The personal bibliography of Madis Habakuk).
Estonian Business School Award "Annual Event in 2012" (EBSi Aasta 2012 Parim tegu) was awarded to library for compliling the publication of "Estonian Business Schooli bibliograafianimestik" (The bibliographical index of Estonian Business School).
In 2014 the letter of thanks "The Bibliography Award Appreciation of the Year 2013“ (Bibliograafia auhinna 2013 tunnustus) was ascribed to publication of "Estonian Business Schooli bibliograafianimestik" (The bibliographical index of Estonian Business School) by the jury of Estonian Librarians Association jointly with the Tallinn University Academic Library. Photos.
In 2018 the letter of thanks "The Bibliography Award Appreciation of the Year2018“ (Bibliograafia auhinna tunnustus 2018) was ascribed to personal bibliographies "Personal bibliography of Tiit Elenurm" 2016, "Personal bibliography of Urmas Arumäe" 2017, "Personal bibliography of Madis Habakuk : website" 2017, "Personal bibliography of Ruth Alas : website" 2016 by the jury of Estonian Librarians Association jointly with the Tallinn University Academic Library.
The main goals, set in the library`s development plan for 2016-2020, are:
- development of the e-library;
- increase the number of e-publications of the collection;
- making the e-versions of library materials available via e-catalogue of EBS Library;
- carry out a study on satisfaction with the EBS Library and usage of databases among the readers of EBS Library;
- update the web-based training of information retrieval;
- compile the e-versions of personal bibliographies of EBS lecturers;
- promote co-operation with other Estonian libraries, local and international organisations with the aim to use electronic information resources.
Services of EBS Library
- Lending books
- A reference and information service
- One-hour personal guidance - individual consultation appointment with librarian on a specific topic
- Use of databases
- Use of the reading room
- Use of computers
- Printing, scanning
- Use of the individual study room
- User education
Copying, printing (Reading room, 5th floor, room 501)
- printout one A4 page - 0,07 EUR
Fees for users outside EBS
- using the reading room - 3,00 EUR
- borrowing books for home use - 3,00 EUR for each book
- compiling thematic lists on the basis of the library’s collection and databases for users outside of EBS - 1 hour - 20,00 EUR
Use of the individual study room (Reading room 5th floor, room 501)
Reservations may be made up to 14 days in advance.
The user rules of the individual study room.
- for the students, lecturers, personnel and alumni of EBS - free of charge
- for users outside EBS - 30 minutes - 3,00 EUR
Binding of final thesis
- Printing: Black & white, 1 sided, 1 page - 0,07 EUR
- Printing: Colour, 1 sided, 1 page - 0,60 EUR
- Hard cover - 6,00 EUR
- Plastic roll cover - 1,30 EUR
Phone: +372 6651 333, +372 6651 350
- Journal of Management and Change
Peer-reviewed scholarly journal. During the years 1995-2011 EBS Review.
Journal of EBS students:
Series "Personal bibliographies of EBS rectors":
- Personal bibliography of Madis Habakuk
- Personal bibliography of Olav Aarna
- Personal bibliography of Peeter Kross
Series "Personal bibliographies of EBS lecturers":
- Personal bibliography of Ruth Alas
- Personal bibliography of Tiit Elenurm
- Personal bibliography of Urmas Arumäe
Series "Websites of EBS lecturers":
On the first and second Tuesday of every month, EBS Library conducts orientation hours.
Course „Training of information literacy skills“ is carried out for the students to introduce different e-catalogues, databases, information resources and methods of information retrieval on the Internet. The students have to pass the training in the framework of the course "Development of study skills". Course duration is 1.5 hours, incl a 60 min lecture in the computer class and 30 min practical test in the learning environment Canvas (in English).
By participating in the orientation hour, you will learn how to:
- Use the e-catalogue of EBS library URRAM
- Use the e-catalogue of Estonian libraries ESTER
- Use the business periodicals database ProQuest (e-journals, e-dissertations, conference proceedings and working papers)
- Use the full-text databases EBSCO (e-journals, e-books, videos)
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) (e-books in English)
- Use other databases, gateways, links.
The next courses in English:
15th May 15.45-17.15 room 217
Registration via ÕIS - Events - Introduction to library databases
Registration in Canvas - Training of Information Literacy Skills
Phone: +372 6651 307